Renewing Your Prescription Online Is Brilliant!
How does it work?
3 Easy Steps
Powered by Visibly Digital Acuity App
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Eye Exams Online Right For Me?
If your prescription is expired and you can still see clearly out of your current glasses or contacts, then YES! Taking an eye exam online is perfect for you. However, if you are having trouble seeing clearly, your prescription might have changed. Therefore, instead of taking an eye exam online we recommend you visit your eye doctor to update your prescription parameters. Don't have an eye doctor? Find one Here.
What States Allow Online Eye Exams?
There are currently 35 states that allow Online Eye Exams: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
How Does The Online Vision Test Work?
1. Check eligibility - To ensure that you are eligible to take the online vision test, you'll start by answering a few, simple questions, including your birthday, where you live, and information about your current vision prescription.
2. Complete vision test - Next, you'll complete the vision test to renew your prescription and it will only take you about 5 minutes. Be sure to have 10 feet of space so you can accurately test your vision and follow the on-screen instructions to properly set up your space for the test (don't worry, it's super easy and we walk you through every step!).
3. Doctor review - A licensed ophthalmologist or optometrist in your state will review your test results, medical history, and prior prescription in order to issue your new prescription or provide you with other clinical guidance within 24 hours.
4. Receive results - We will notify you when the licensed doctor has approved your prescription or provided you with other clinical guidance. Once you receive this notification, you can log in to your Visibly account and begin using the prescription at any online or local vision retailer. If a new prescription is written, it will be emailed to you directly at the email address you used to create your account.
Yes! This is a real vision exam certified by actual eye doctors. You will receive a prescription you can use to purchase contact lenses or glasses. Our vision test will renew your current prescription parameters.
You will need a smartphone or computer. You will also need to have your current prescription parameters.
No. This exam only reveals how well you can see, and provides a prescription. It does not include the health portion of the exam. You should still see your eye doctor regularly for a comprehensive health exam.
The exam costs $26.25 dollars for contact lenses or for glasses when you use the special code provided at checkout. If you take the exam, and are referred to an eye doctor, you will be refunded. Also, If you are not satisfied with your new prescription, we will offer a complete refund.
Yes. You will be taking a visual acuity. This requires reading some letters on a digital chart.
That is not a problem. We are here to prescribe you a new one. Once you complete the online exam, an eye doctor will review your results and renew your prescription.
Yes. You will be asked to enter or upload a copy of your current prescription.
- Yes. If your refractive error, if any, falls into the following categories:
- Myopic with spherical power between “-0.25 and -12.00”
- Hyperopic with spherical power between “+0.25 and + 6.0 “
- Astigmatic with cylinder power between Cyl “-0.25 and -5.00”
- Presbyopic with ADD power between “+0.25 and +4.00”
Your eyes must be healthy and you can’t have any medical conditions that impact your vision. You can’t use Online Vision Test if you have had diabetes.